Monday, November 17, 2014

Sweet Disposition

Sweet Disposition

One of my absolute favorite songs is Sweet Disposition by The Temper Trap.(sweetdisposition.tempertrap)No matter how many times I have listened to it, it still touches my heart.  

At school today, we were told a student in our grade passed away. His name is Jacob Sparks. My heart is very heavy for his friends and family. I can only imagine the sorrow. My heart is particularly heavy on the fact that he was only 17. I have never met Jacob, but desire for him to experience more things in life than merely 17 years on the earth can supply. 

I was listening to Sweet Disposition and was moved in a way such as never before. The lyrics that touched me were:

"A moment of love
A dream
A laugh
A kiss
A cry
Our rights
Our wrongs
A moment of love"

As I have grown older, I have realized just what a small fraction of life I have experienced for myself! I want to go to college and know what it's like to succeed. I want to experience for myself falling in love. I want to get married. I want to travel to a country where I am completely out of my element. I want to learn how to love others unconditionally. I want to raise a family in the gospel of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. I want to stay up all night with my sick kids and comfort them. I want to dream, laugh, kiss, cry, be right, be wrong, be frozen in time at a 'moment of love'. I want to LIVE.

My 17 years on the earth have been so wonderful and filled with countless blessings. But each day is another day to LIVE. Another day to be grateful for simplistic pleasures. I am excited to live life. I long for Jacob to live a wonderful life and experience life for himself. For him to know what success, love, triumph, gratitude, dependency, bliss, etc feels like for himself. 

Be grateful for the simple pleasures. You never realize how much you might miss the sound of running water, a chuckle, a tear, dancing feet, or the warmth of the sun until it is gone.

"Life goes on one precious day at a time." 

No comments:

Post a Comment