Sunday, January 4, 2015

D&C 65

D&C 65

 After finishing my prayer late last night, I pulled out my phone and began to read the scriptures. I was in D&C 65. As I was reading, my mind was in a million different directions. I was distracted and unfocused. When I came to the end of the section, and found that I had not listened to a single word! So, I emptied my mind. I pondered peacefully for a few minutes, and then began again. I decided to write down my impressions as I studied the words:

Hearken, and lo, a voice as of one sent down from on high, who is mighty and powerful, whose going forth is unto the ends of the earth, yea, whose voice is unto men—Prepare ye the way of the Lord, make his paths straight.

"Hearken". Heavenly Father is addressing me, so I need to listen up! I need to put aside the thoughts of today, and ponder the words and listen to the spirit. "Prepare ye the way of the Lord, make his paths straight". The spirit touches my heart as I ponder what Heavenly Father needs me to do. I have a burning desire in my heart to do good continually and to serve God. (Mosiah 5:15) The gospel translates to "the good news" and is very much so "the good news". It brings joy an peace.

 The keys of the kingdom of God are committed unto man on the earth, and from thence shall the gospel roll forth unto the ends of the earth, as the stone which is cut out of the mountain without hands shall roll forth, until it has filled the whole earth.

What an amazing time to be alive! The gospel is being spread all over and "shall [continue] to roll forth, until it has filled the whole earth". The joy that I feel from the testimony that I have of the gospel and of Jesus Christ is a joy that I want everyone to have the opportunity to feel. 

 Yea, a voice crying—Prepare ye the way of the Lord, prepare ye the supper of the Lamb, make ready for the Bridegroom.

Heavenly Father needs me to prepare the way of His gospel. It is an honor and a blessing to serve and love His children. "We are His hands". If you do not yet have a testimony of the gospel or of our Savior Jesus Christ, seek and ye shall find. "Prepare ye the way of the Lord".


Pray unto the Lord, call upon his holy name, make known his wonderful works among the people.

Prayer is a wonderful blessing from God. It is another way to feel His love more abundantly and develop a relationship with Him. It is important to both speak with God and also to listen. I have received many answers to questions I have when I am alone, calm, outside-where I can marvel at God's glorious creations, and pondering my purpose and thanking God for my bounteous blessings. "Make known his wonderful works among the people". Dare to be a Mormon.  Dare to stand alone. Dare to have a purpose. Dare to make it known. Through our words and actions, people will know what we believes in. Stand firm and true to the principles and standards that you have a testimony of. Sharing the gospel can be as simple as sharing a smile with someone or choosing to forgive someone who does not ask for forgiveness. (Alma 30:8)

Call upon the Lord, that his kingdom may go forth upon the earth, that the inhabitants thereof may receive it, and be prepared for the days to come, in the which the Son of Man shallcome down in heaven, clothed in the brightness of his glory, to meet the kingdom of God which is set up on the earth.

What a glorious thought, to see the Savior. To have all pains and sorrows vanish. To be engulfed in his love. I can hardly wait for such a sacred moment. Christ is gentle, forgiving,  and kind. He loves and embraces all God's children. He lives, I know that my Redeemer lives.

 Wherefore, may the kingdom of God go forth, that thekingdom of heaven may come, that thou, O God, mayest beglorified in heaven so on earth, that thine enemies may be subdued; for thine is the honor, power and glory, forever and ever. Amen.

When I read this verse, the song Glorious by David Archuleta came to my mind.(Glorious-DavidArchuleta)


The scriptures are a wonderful blessing from God. Ponder them. Treasure them. Search them. Learn them. Love them. Live them. As you do so, you will develop immovable faith. Your heart will become open to the truth and you will yearn for light. You will come to know your Savior and feel God's love as you study His words. In result, you will become a true disciple of Christ. 


"And verily, verily, I say unto you, he that receiveth
my gospel receiveth me" (D&C 39:5

No comments:

Post a Comment